Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My office


Tuesdays normally mean that I'm inside working all day at the shop. From doing inventory to the after school kids climbing program, my day is packed full of tasks. Yesterday was a great exception to normal procedures. Two clients and I spent about eight hours fishing the Big T, Glacier Creek, and the Upper Big T. An eight hour guide trip can get a little long, but we had a blast. Starting at about 9:30 a.m., we headed down the canyon in pursuit of browns and rainbows. About six fish later we had covered about 100 yards of river in about two hours. The weather shifted and we headed up to the park for lunch, and casting instruction. It's quite rewarding when you have beginners learning to cast and catch fish on their own. Although I do help with a lot of the technical aspects of casting, both clients did a great job! The afternoon was then spent back on the Big T, where we experienced some rising trout to midges and B.W.O's. This is always a great time because we get to fish the dry fly! A few more fish and some more casting instruction and our day was done. I feel privileged to say that my "office" is on the river for the next four months. Enjoy the pics from the day.

Cheers, AJ

No comments: