Saturday, April 26, 2008

Durango is coming!

In a few short weeks, a friend and I will head south to Durango,CO. There we will spend four days fishing three quality fisheries. The San Juan, Animas, and Pine rivers all hold quality trout water and big fish. Over the past few years, I've had the opportunity to fish these waters and it seems that this spring will bring high/clear water. Big streamers is the name of the game and Matt and I will be fishing just that. Matt is a beginner angler with hopes of being educated in the art of tying and fishing big streamers. The boys at Tight Lines Fly Fishing Co., in DePere, WI taught me a lot about chasing big fish with big flies. The excitement grows as I anticipate catching a 20" plus fish. As I have mentioned in previous posts, I reside in Estes Park, CO. The summers here are very busy and to sneak out of town for a few days is always refreshing. Thanks Jen!!!!! Over this past week I starting moving forward with getting First Adventure registered as a business in Colorado. This is excited news for Jen and I as we hope to pursue this full-time in the next few years. Starting and operating my own business will be challenging, but I truly feel it will be the most fulfilling pursuit I've ever embarked on. I will keep you guys up to date as things progress. It's my Monday today and in a few weeks I will be in the drivers seat on my way to big fish and another amazing landscape!

Cheers, AJ

No comments: